- Prepare your jars by simmering them in water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- Add pureed salsa to large pan on stove top, and bring to a boil. Cover, and lower to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Ladle hot salsa into the prepared hot sterilized pint or half-pint jars leaving 1/4″ of head space.
- Now it is time to process them by submerging them in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and leave jars in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove from boiling water carefully and let rest undisturbed for 12-24 hours. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Check out our recipe for Roasted Spicy Tomatillo Salsa Verde Recipe.
Salsa is best if jars are stored for 1 month before eating to allow the flavors to blend.